Friday, April 7, 2023

MTTC 505 - Friendly Flowers and Happy Easter

 Welcome to this week's challenge at My Time to Craft. 

The theme for this challenge is Easter and/or Spring Flowers.

My first card is one made with a new product from Gina K. Designs. It is one that I received as part of an online event and it isn't available on her site yet - but it's coming! The floral base and outline plus stencils were used to create a beautiful floral spray. I die cut a stitched cover plate and inked that in shades of blue. The arch was die cut and I added yellow ink lightly around the inside edges. Once the base was adhered, I added the flowers around the gold arch and placed a hot foiled sentiment in the centre. A foiled butterfly was added and I drew a flight trail as well. The last step was to add some gold gems and gold Stickles around the card. 

My second card was more of a challenge. I don't make cards for Easter so I had to dig deep for this challenge. The cross was cut from a Cricut file and I embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder and then inked over the raised sections. The crown was die cut and I stamped, coloured and die cut two floral sprays. The backgound was inked with Distress Oxide ink and splattered with water. Once that was dry, it was adhered to a dark brown base and I added an Easter sentiment at the bottom. I also added light blue Stickles to the berries on one floral spray. 

Come and join us at MTTC and show us how you interpret this week's theme. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous!! Lots of details, techniques, and layers to discover! Lovely cards! Thanks for making for each option theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great. Two very different designs but full of detail and colour and perfect for these season. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)