Friday, April 7, 2023

CD 543 - Happy B-Day

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 543! 

I love challenges like this one - pick ONE colour and use it with black and white. I chose to use yellow. 

I created my own base background by laying white cardstock strips on a white base. It provides a little extra dimension. That piece was adhered to a black mat and then to the white card base. The word HAPPY was die cut and I used the black outline only. I layered thin strips of three shades of yellow cardstock onto a piece of printer paper and then die cut the word again. Those inner pieces were inserted back into the black outline. A small bee was stamped, coloured and die cut and I stamped the word "day" and placed it under the bee. No embellishments were added - I thought this looked great as a clean and simple card!




Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Really liking the white on white & the yellow stripe application. You can never go wrong with yellow & black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of color with black and white, love your big sentiment with the small Bday sentiment... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look you created with yellow and black. The diagonal stripes it eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bee theme!! Those diagonal lines you created is really appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Yellow with Black and white. How clever to use white on white stripes that look like a fancy embossing or something. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyson, this is such a bright happy card. I love the way you filled in the happy outline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)