Thursday, April 6, 2023

Blue Stencilled Birthday

 The background for this card was a new technique for me. 

I used a stencil that I cut from my Cricut machine ages ago. The first layer was stencilled with a dark blue ink. I offset the stencil a tiny bit and stencilled a second layer in a lighter shade of blue. The last layer was offset the opposite direction and that was stencilled with white pigment ink. I heat set the background and chose a simple sentiment. The letters were die cut and I also added a dark blue shadow behind the word HAPPY as it was lost on the busy background. The light blue letters were brushed with a clear shimmer brush. The word BIRTHDAY was inked in two shades of blue and placed under the main sentiment. Some iridescent gems finished off the card. 




Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)