Friday, April 28, 2023

DT 137 - A Trio of Piggies

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 137! 

It's all about nursery rhymes this week. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I chose to use "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" for my nursery rhyme. Of course, Old MacDonald had every animal imaginable on his farm so I chose pigs! 

The background for my card was ink blended and splattered with water before being die cut. I used the inner dies to cut the white circles and stamped and coloured the pigs. Two of the pigs are holding blue hearts as well (Thing 3). I die cut additional circles - dark blue ones to fit behind each image and light pink ones to surround the dark blue sections. Small sentiments were added under each pig. 



Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your nursery rhyme inspired projects. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with Heart's Quest Challenge 31 (use hearts or love).

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Such adorable pigs and l great sketch. Loving the blue hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great splattered ink background and the cute pigglets look so cute in those stitched frames. Excellent use of a slimline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Alyson!!! Welcome to one of my blogs! Your card is farm-tastic and would also be perfect at my FarmQuest General Store challenge blog, too! (always anything goes that is farm/country) I love the little blue hearts that 2 of the piggies are holding! Cute idea for placement and usage of HQCB's signature inclusion! Adorable card! Thanks for sharing at HQCB! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect for that rhyme! And your piggies are so cute! Darling card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)