Sunday, April 23, 2023

Multi-Coloured Stencilled Flower Shaker

For this card, I used a set of stamps and layering stencils from Taylored Expressions. 

The blue background is not cardstock nor is it a fully inked background. I used the first stencil and inked that up with light blue ink and ran it through my die cutting machine to add colour to the background. After that, I used four colours of ink (yellow, coral, turquoise and blue) for the flower bases. A darker shade of each was used for the details on the flowers. The leaves were stencilled in two shades of green ink. That stencilling took quite a bit of time! 

A hexagon shape was die cut from the card base and I placed a piece of gold foil paper behind that piece so it was large enough to also provide a border for the stencilled piece. I added some coordinating colours of sequins inside the shaker and die cut a sentiment along with some extra flowers and leaves. This is so pretty in real life! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)