Friday, April 14, 2023

MTTCC 58 - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Christmas Challenge 58!

The theme this week is to use a Christmas quote. 

I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this challenge and then I remembered a wonderful commercial that shows up in August around here. It is for an office supply store and they advertise back to school sales for the kids. The father is riding a shopping card with glee as he is thrilled his kids are returning to school after the summer break. It always makes me laugh! The commercial is set to the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"! 

In this case, I used the same quote for a Christmas card. The quote itself was embossed with white twinkle embossing powder on black cardstock. I die cut the poinsettia and greenery pieces from white cardstock and inked them before assembling the pieces. The background was embossed with a holly and ivy embossing folder and I added the sentiment with foam tape. The flowers were placed around the sentiment and I added some iridescent gems to finish off the card. 

Come and join us at MTTCC and show us your projects with Christmas quotes. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)