Sunday, January 14, 2024

DT 157 - Christmas Sled and Skates

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 157!

This challenge is all about embossing folders or stencils - plus some extra wintery items like sleds, toboggans, skates - and a HAT! 

The small graphic is below. Please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I had this challenge all sorted out in my mind - and then realized I had to add a hat! I worked with what I had planned already... The background was embossed with a falling snow embossing folder. I die cut the sled, skates and all the pieces in various colours of cardstock and assembled it all. I die cut a Santa hat and hung it over the edge of the sled. The snowflakes were placed around the sled and I die cut a sentiment from gold foil and added it at the bottom. Stickles were added to the centres of the snowflakes and to the pompom on the hat. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my project with the Farmquest Challenge.

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card and love the die-cut Winter sports and snowflakes.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson: This is fabulous and I like that the hat was propped on the corner of the sled! What a festive extra accent! Your card has such great outdoor charm! And if you'd like, this also qualifies for FarmQuest General Store (anything farm/country goes topics) and for FarmQuest Country Christmas (outdoors/exterior home holiday decorations or snowy/icy scenes/landscapes). Thanks for coming over from DTCB! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, love how you were able to put that little hat on the slay to fit our optional twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought that set from Spellbinders, I think our collections are a lot of the same! Your little hat is just perfect on there ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I have this Spellbinders die set but have yet to use it, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)