Tuesday, January 16, 2024

TSOT 639 - Smiling Flower

 Welcome to Try a Sketch on Tuesday Challenge 639!

I used a background that I had created long ago using magical powders for the three strips. I cut them to the sizes I wanted and matted them with gold cardstock. The background was embossed with a crumpled look embossing folder and I added a heat embossed sentiment across the bottom. A flower and some leaves were die cut from the same colours as the background and adhered to a gold circle. 

Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

This challenge runs for three weeks as there is an extra Tuesday in the month of January - lots of time to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy, 

Alyson


9 comments:

  1. Such rich colors and texture, Alyson! Very elegant. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blues and gold sparkle, Alyson. Perfect use for that beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and embossing,love the three beautiful strips you created.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those magical powders are so lovely - made a wonderful background. I also adore your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the blue and gold together Alyson, it's so classy. Nice job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Alyson! I hope you are having a good day and that you weren't snowed in, as I read that Ontario had a lot of snow lately. We're getting mostly rain, mixed in with snow at times. Your card is gorgeous! I love the magical powders background strips, so beautiful! The whole card comes together beautifully, with such an uplifting sentiment! Love your creativity! Wishing you a fun, crafty day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the blue shades, the magical powders and the folder you used, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those strips are beautiful and such a perfect match for the embossed background. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alyson, the magical powders are amazing! wow!

    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)