Thursday, January 11, 2024

Handmade Hugs Roses

 I know... another floral card. Florals are definitely my favourite element to use and I have a ton of them. 

I was quite ill for a full month before Christmas and I fell behind in my creative work. Luckily I was far ahead with my design team commitments but I have been posting at least once daily to my blog for almost three years now and I want to maintain that pace. I was only working one day ahead... and had to get moving. Since I have many floral images already prepared (stamped, stencilled, die cut, etc.), it makes assembling a card go a little faster. 

This card uses something new to me and that is a toner foiled background. Yep - I dove into that rabbit hole, even though I have a hot foil machine and tons of plates. The purple background was reverse foiled twice, leaving a silver pattern on a purple background. I die cut a frame from the card font, inked parts of it and splattered it with purple reinker mixed with water. The flowers were arranged along the side and I added some silver metallic thread and a foiled sentiment along with some silver gems. So pretty!

Enjoy, 

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful flowers and foiled background,love the colour too.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous aperture card, hope you are feeling lots better now, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)