Monday, January 1, 2024

AH 558 - Gnome in Clouds

 

Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge 558!

The first card I made for this challenge was not one that I really liked - I am posting it below. 

I took a different approach to the sketch for this one. 

I chose three shades of blue for the clouds and stencilled them from light to dark down the front of the card. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of coordinating cardstock and I fussy cut a border to go around that piece. The gnome image was stamped, coloured and die cut and I added clear Stickles to her hat and dress. Some clear germ were placed around the sentiment and image. 


This was my first card...

The background was masked and ink blended with Distress Oxide inks. I splattered a mix of water and Liquid Pearls on top, giving it a very shimmery appearance. The sentiment piece was also inked and the sentiment was heat embossed in silver. The flower pieces were cut from grey and purple cardstock and adhered at the side and a few silver gems were added around the card. 

Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Love the cute gnome and cloudy sky.Beautiful monochrome card and flower and love the effect of the water and liquid pearls.
    carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)