Friday, January 12, 2024

CD 583 - Floating Circle Card

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 583!

Choose at least three colours from the graphic below. Neutrals and metallics are free to use. 

I went back to an old design that I really like - a floating circle card. I used all five colours and arranged them on a piece of acetate which was die cut into a circle. That piece was adhered with foam tape strips. The leaf image and the sentiment were die cut from dark silver glitter paper and stacked four times to create depth. The leaf image was added at the side of the circle and the sentiment was placed at the bottom. I added some dark silver Stickles around the leaf image. The card front was adhered to a Periwinkle mat and then to a white card base. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson 

8 comments:

  1. Love floating cards! The addition of the silver glitter accents is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That combination of colors is so pretty in your floating circle and love the silver glitter paper used on the leaf and sentiment... beautiful layout and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyson this is gorgeous. You created a perfect balance of our colors for the circle. The silver leaf is perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's the technique at The Lift Challenge this month. Well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and technique,love the colours and glitter die-cuts.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Love how you used the colors in the circle in strips! I totally want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the floating circle design, too! This is just gorgeous. Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great design, Alyson! I keep saying I am going to create something similar but then I don't get to it, but I appreciate the inspiration. But then, all of your cards give me inspiration. - Melanie <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)