Friday, October 6, 2023

CD 569 - Just for You

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 569! 

You must use yellow, orange and red on your project - black, white, metallics and neutrals are free.  

I have done this technique before but wanted to try it with a coloured background instead of just black and white. I inked two backgrounds using yellow, orange and red Distress Oxide inks. They had to be almost identical for this to work. I dried them with my heat gun and then stamped and embossed the same image in the exact same spot on both panels. One was die cut using a background die and I die cut two more pieces from white cardstock. Those pieces were layered and then placed back on top of the original panel, lining up the stamped image. I adhered that piece to black cardstock. 

My next step took me a while... I wanted one layering piece in each yellow, orange and red plus a piece of black cardstock between each. Figuring out those measurements was really tough, but I did manage to do it (working with 1/32 measurements...)  The sentiment piece was embossed in gold on black and added at the side. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Great blending of the three colors, love the background and the floral silhouette... all pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the sunrise look of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, love the ink blending, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blending is so flawless! Love the black between the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Alyson! I recently saw this technique on You Tube but your card is far more lovely. Great ink blending of these beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stunning! Your ink blending is perfection on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)