Friday, October 20, 2023

MTTC 519 - Ah, Autumn!

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Challenge 519!

The theme for this challenge is autumn leaves.

I have lots of leaf stamps and dies but I chose to use a set of layering stencils to create my card. This set of stencils actually makes three card fronts for mini slimline size cards but I only stencilled one of them. I used a huge number of inks, masked a lot of sections and ink blended the bases of each leaf with a second colour for added emphasis. I also used small stamps to stamp the veins onto the leaves. The stencilling and stamping process took me almost an hour, simply due to the detail. 

Once that piece was finished, I gold embossed a sentiment and added some gold glitter tape underneath. That was placed on the left side against a dark brown border. I used a gold gel pen to add dots around some of the leaves to finish off this bold autumn card. 


I don't normally do this but I thought it may interest you to see just how many ink colours were used to stencil the card. This is very much cleaned up from what it really looked like when I was finished - I just pushed all the inks together and put the lids on them for this photo. 

Come and join us at MTTC and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)