Monday, October 2, 2023

DT 149 - Eek, Eek, Eek!

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 149!

Halloween is around the corner - check out the small graphic below and visit the Double Trouble Challenge blog for detailed information. 

Since part of this challenge is about creating our own backgrounds, I chose a traditional Halloween colour scheme (purple, green, orange, gold and black) and used a hot foiled gold background. I blended purple ink on top of the foiling, making it darker around the edges. Buffing the ink off the foiling allows the gold to still show through. I adhered the background to a black border and then a gold base. The monster images were stamped in orange and green, making them darker at the bottom (ombre). I embossed the word "eek" three times along the bottom of the decked edge die cut and added the monsters above that. Some googly eyes were placed on each monster and that was it! 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the Park Hopping - My Happy Place Challenge

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. How cute, Alyson! I love your unique characters, especially the googly eyes. The background you created is fabulous and using googly eyes for your photo is a great idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little monsters are precious! Your choice for their eyes is hysterical! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงก Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great week! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those googly eyes, make those little monsters look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images are adorable and love how you used all the colors connected to Halloween, and you're foiling and blending for your background is perfect for your Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple ink over the foiling is super cool and a great background! Those darling little monsters are so cute and just my style of sweet for Halloween. No spooky for me lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)