Monday, April 29, 2024

DT 165 - Hello Sunshine Slimline

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 165!

The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 


The sketch from Atlantic Hearts is what drove my card design. I chose several colours from the Cinco de Mayo image and used those for the flowers and leaves. I inked a background and then die cut a wonky burlap piece from that. I backed it with white cardstock so I could slip the purple flower underneath. The white layer and the black base were both die cut using stitched slimline dies. As an afterthought, I splattered the card with black paint as the open white sections were very stark. A black sentiment was placed on the inked section and I added some iridescent gems around the flowers. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

This is a ONE week challenge.

I am also linking up my card with Atlantic Hearts as I am a design team member there. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Love the blending on the grid portion of your card, and I agree - the splattering really adds to the background. Very pretty card and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variety of the pretty floral colors and the blending of the grid... such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Alyson! Gorgeous colors and I love the touch of "sunshine". The addition of spatter was a great idea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goegeous card and you rocked that sketch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bright and cute! And so perfect for that sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)