Friday, April 19, 2024

CD 597 - Vellum Inked Background Just Because

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 597!

The grid is below - I used Sundance, Rosy and Limeaid for my card. 

These are not go-to colours for me and I tried a few things before I was able to make something work. I scribbled three markers on vellum and splattered that with rubbing alcohol to allow the colours to blend a bit. That piece dried very quickly and it was adhered to a card base and a black frame was placed around the outside. The image and sentiment were both die cut from black cardstock and adhered - nothing else was added. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy, 

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Wow, such a simple technique for a beautiful background and perfect for your silhouette floral and sentiment. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good blended background with a silhouette! Yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black die-cuts against the background.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your BG came out so pretty! And the black was the perfect choice to really show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic technique and card!! I look forward to giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this background with the simple black die cut/words

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)