Saturday, April 13, 2024

Birthday Gatefold with a Box Fun Fold Card

 I love to try new fun fold designs and this was a neat one! 

The base of the card is a gatefold design but there is a definite surprise inside with a box that pops out with a smaller box on top. 

 The inside has a larger box on the bottom with a cut out and a sentiment inside. There is a smaller box on the top that has some branches attached (they extend beyond the top of the card but that's ok as it still fits into a 5 x 7 envelope). I also die cut some bows - one for the inside and one for the band. 


This was my first attempt. When I was selecting the papers I wanted, I didn't consider the belly band - consequently the colours of the branches aren't clearly visible against the very busy background paper. I changed that when I did the card above - lesson learned!


Enjoy, 
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Both fabulous cards Alyson,love the fold and beautiful papers.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)