Thursday, April 25, 2024

Birthday Card with Joseph's Coat Technique

The Joseph's Coat technique has been around for ages - it creates such a cool effect that I had to revisit it after many years. 

I ink blended the background using four Distress Oxide inks and made sure it was completely dry. I stamped a variety of solid images on that piece using Versamark ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. Once the background was filled with images, I used black ink with a foam applicator to apply a thick layer of ink on top. I wiped away the excess ink which left the beautiful multi-coloured background. 

I used the same inks to blend a background on the card base so it followed the same colours as the card front. I also blended another piece of cardstock and embossed the birthday sentiment in black before die cutting it. That was adhered to a black circle. Some gold metallic thread was arranged under the circle and the cards front was adhered to the base with craft foam. 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous colourful card,love the technique and the stamps.I did try it once but wasn't happy with the result-yours looks amazing though.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a head turner this beautiful card is Alyson! This is definitely the next way to play with my new DO inks. Thank you for always being an inspiration :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you chose so pretty, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)