Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Hot Foiled Peonies

 I recently bought this gorgeous peony press plate. Instead of pressing the details of the flowers, it presses colour onto the background. I used the plate in my hot foil machine instead. 

I made a few backgrounds and chose a gold holographic background and a gold dot background for these two cards. 

Colouring is not my strength but I do enjoy it... I coloured the first card in shades of blue for the flowers. A hot foil sentiment was added and the card front was adhered to a dark blue mat.

The second card took me WAY out of my comfort zone as I used inks and a water brush to watercolour the images. It's not great - my watercoloring skills most definitely need work. I added a hot foiled sentiment and a black background to that card. 

Enjoy,

Alyson 

2 comments:

  1. Both fabulous cards Alyson,I love the watercoloured flowers but the embossed blue ones I love just that little bit more lol.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)