Sunday, September 10, 2023

Fractured Card - For You

 The fractured card design has been making its rounds on social media lately and I wanted to try this idea myself. 

I chose a hexagon shape and a simple carnation image. 

The backgound paper is old patterned paper with a small design. I used a dark blue-grey cardstock to outline the hexagon. The images were stamped and die cut and I added some gold metallic thread underneath. The tiny sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the hexagon. 

The card below was my first attempt but I didn't like the parallel lines created by the paper strips so I angled the hexagon ever so slightly. The effect is so much better!

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've been seeing the fractured cards too lately. What is old is new again, lol. I remember people doing this with one-photo scrapbook layouts a decade ago, then journaling in the open spaces, lol. I do like both of your cards, very nice! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)