Friday, September 22, 2023

CD 567 - Hey You!

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 567!

This is a very different colour scheme... it's unusually dark colours. I had to think carefully about what I was going to do...

I wanted to keep my card light and this colour scheme was hard to work with for me. I chose Mist, Harbour, Toffee and French Vanilla (plus gold). I ended making as second card as I wasn't overly happy with the first one (shown at the bottom).

The background paper is French Vanilla and I stamped the image twice using black ink. I coloured the flowers and leaves on one piece using markers as close to Toffee, Mist and Harbour as I could find. The centre of that coloured piece was die cut and adhered to the black stamped piece with foam tape, with the images lined up with the background. As an afterthought, I die cut a frame to surround that centre piece as it seemed to be lost on the background. A small hot foiled sentiment was placed along the side. The entire card front was adhered to a Harbour base and the edges were rounded to be consistent with the centre die cut panel. 

For this one, I used a French Vanilla base and stamped the leaves with Harbour ink. I stamped a second panel while the stamps were still in place and embossed those images by stamping with Harbour ink first, then with Versamark and embossed that with clear embossing powder. I coloured the embossed images and die cut that piece, along with a Harbour border. The sentiment was stamped on Mist cardstock and adhered at the bottom of the smaller rectangle. I die cut borders for both pieces and adhered the top piece with foam tape. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Alyson your cards are lovely. I really like the rounded corners, it makes the shape unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the color board, my favorite is your first card using the florals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love how you colored just the top layer and wow our colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spotlight cards! The image you used is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I'm a big fan of this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you colored only parts of the image! Stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)