Monday, August 1, 2022

DT 117 - People Like You... Fancy Fold Card

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 117! 

This week, it's all about fancy folds (fun folds) and layers. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for more information. 

I chose a fun fold card that is one of my all time favourites - it is called a Cascading Gatefold Card. Each card (a cascading card and a gatefold card) are fun folds on their own but this card combines the two ideas. 

These papers were chosen to work with a set of sunflowers. I stamped and gold embossed the sunflower outline images and then stencilled in the colours. Those pieces were die cut. The papers were all cut to size and some of the inside pieces were dry embossed. The sentiments were stamped and they were die cut along with a border for each. The sunflower images were adhered to the inside sections of the cascade and I also added a sunflower image to the front sentiment. There is a page to write a message on the back panel. A belly band is needed to hold the card together. Needless to say, there are tons of layers on this card - when folded flat, I counted 23 layers on one side - that's a LOT! In order to keep it as flat as possible, I added only gold Stickles to the two sentiments. 



The second photo shows the card open with the belly band at the left. 





Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the Creative Creases Challenge (fun fold card). 

I run a private group on Facebook where I teach live twice per week. All cards have direct links to both a file and the video and videos can be accessed on replay. I do many fancy fold cards and present lots of ideas. If you wish to join this group, there should be a link below. If you can't access the link, please search for Create with Alyson - Membership and request to join. I would love to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/723887278295009 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

8 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS! Wow, Alyson! Your friend must have been thrilled to receive this! It's one of those cards that will remain on display as a piece of home decor! Super impressive and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love how it opens up to pretty florals and more layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Alyson, your fancy folds are amazing! Those sentiments are really nice too, not just the words but the fonts. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson, another gorgeous fun fold card! This card is DEFINITELY going to make some special person smile! I think this would be a fun fold to try this one out using a masculine theme, too! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow Alyson!! This is incredible!! I'm going to have to pay closer attention to your talents and learn. I'm a big wimp when it comes to fancy and crazy folds. I always mess up! This is so inspiring though! I'll have to be brave and try another time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cascading gatefold card is beautiful, Alyson! I just love the papers you chose. So pretty!! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson, your card is awesome. Some talented lady you are! It is absolutely exquisite. 😊💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely foldcard , this is amazing Alyson
    Epie 52WTC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)