Saturday, August 27, 2022

Hexagon Flowers Card

 I wanted to try a twist on the standard Triple Time Stamping concept - I did this with hexagon dies. 

Three sizes of hexagons were die cut from white cardstock and I arranged them on the card front with removable adhesive. The flowers and leaves were masked and stamped (there are three stamps for each image). The hexagons were removed and adhered to the next largest size cut from black cardstock. I did make an error here - I should have spaced the bottom hexagon further to the left so the edges of the borders didn't touch - c'est la vie! 

The card front was adhered to a black base with craft foam and I added some dew drops around the images and some silver Stickles in the centres of the flowers. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Alyson! I've never seen this technique done with hexagons before and it is beautiful and so eye-catching! I like that the hexagons are the elongated style, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I agree, moving the middle sized one up and over a nooge to the right would have kept the border from touching, but I bet you do this one again so you learned. Had you not said anything, though, I would have never noticed a thing. So, WIN! It's a gorgeous card and a fun variation of Triple Stamping, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)