Friday, August 19, 2022

Watercolour Stamped Flowers

 This was an unusual technique for me - I have a hard time with "organic" looking elements on my cards but I did want to try this. 

The flowers were stamped with a watercolour- safe black ink and I stamped the colours using Distess Oxide and Catherine Pooler inks with water spritzed on the stamp before pressing it down. The water causes the ink to separate, leaving a watercolored appearance. I stamped a second, slightly darker colour on a few flowers and leaves and also stamped the centre of each flower in yellow ink. The CP inks gave more depth of colour whereas the DO inks left a chalky appearance. The flowers and leaves were fussy cut as I don't have a set of dies for this very old stamp set. 

I cut three pieces of decorative paper for the left side of my card and stamped the stems in green before adding the leaves and flowers. As an afterthought, I splattered the card with a black shimmer brush - really should have done that before adding the paper and flowers. A small sentiment was added and I placed some purple holographic sequins around the flowers. 



1 comment:

  1. WOW, Alyson, you should make more of these! I LOVE it. Yes, interesting technique, am always curious about mixing stamping inks. xoxo


Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)