Friday, August 26, 2022

CD 511 - Thinking of You

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 511!

We have an inspiration photo for you this week - use at least two colours from the photo. Black, white and gold are free to use. 

I really struggled with this challenge... this card was my fifth attempt to make something work! These colours are definitely are not ones that I would use together - but challenges are designed to make us stretch our creative limits, right? 

I used shades of orange, purple, yellow, dark green plus black, white and gold. 

I cut three panels of black and white patterned paper and adhered them to a white card base. The flowers were stamped on white cardstock and coloured. I also stamped, coloured and die cut a single flower and two leaves for the upper corner. I added thin strips of gold glitter cardstock on each side of the floral border and the sentiment. Gold Stickles were added to some of the flowers. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret the challenge shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project.

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Just for interest sake, the card below was the fourth card I made for this challenge and one I decided not to use... the herringbone pattern provided the background for the sentiment. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Alyson your card is so pretty! I love the black panels and the flower layer across the front. Very effective in showing off the colors. Your second card is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fourth attempt is pretty, but really love the last card you created, the black and white patterned papers in back really make the floral with all the colors in the inspiration photo pop and made a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have struggled with this challenge too. Both cards are lovely and I actually really like attempt number 4! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your floral card is pretty with the black panels behind the flowers. I really like your 4th attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black & white with the POP of colorful wildflowers! So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both! Gorgeous flowers and card design on the first card, and for the second one, the herringbone pattern is beautiful in those colours! I made a herringbone pattern card once and it took me ages! Hope you're having a great summer - I'm looking forward to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson Imlove booth of these cards that you shard. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)