Sunday, August 21, 2022

Peace with Red Poinsettias

 I send an enormous number of cards for Christmas - close to 200 - so I have to get working on them early!! 

This is a classic Christmas colour scheme - red and gold (with green leaves for the poinsettias). I die cut the poinsettia pieces, shaped them and added some vellum layers before adhering the pieces together. The background was stamped with a few ink blot images and then splattered with a dark green shimmer brush. The gold grid was placed top and the flowers were added along with a die cut sentiment. I added some red metallic thread behind the flowers and brushed the vellum leaves with a gold shimmer brush. Gold Stickles were also added to the centres of the flowers. 


Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)