Friday, August 12, 2022

CD 509 - Birthday Tulip Arrangement

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 509!

Choose your greys and add ONE colour - black, white and gold are free to use. 

This was my third attempt at this challenge - I had to walk away after two failed attempts and even this is not what I had in mind. I suppose we all have those days, right? 

I stamped and die cut several tulips (shades of grey on the stems/leaves and shades of pink for the bulbs). I also die cut several leaf shapes from both white cardstock and vellum as well as two doilies from white cardstock. All of that was arranged on a piece of black embossed cardstock. The black cardstock was adhered with craft foam to a grey brick paper piece and then to a white card base. I added a birthday sentiment on the left side and arranged a ribbon and gold and pink metallic thread at the bottom. A few white enamel gems were added and I brushed the darkest parts of the flowers with a gold shimmer brush.


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret the challenge shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful bouquet Alyson. The florals really pop in pink again a the greys. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is gorgeous! the pink shades on the tulips really pop with your grey and black touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous! Tulips are my favorite! Loving the different shades of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Alyson! I love all those layers and those tulips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson I LOVE everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)