Monday, August 15, 2022

Double Trouble 118 - Relax and Enjoy

 Welcome to this week's challenge at Double Trouble!

It's all about relaxation this week. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I really struggled with this challenge... I don't have any stamped images that reflect relaxation. I turned to my Cricut this time and cut a silhouette of a girl reading as I find reading to be very relaxing. 

The flowers were stamped along the bottom and they were coloured. I added clouds in the sky using a stencil and drew a few birds in the distance. The reading girl image was placed on top of the flowers and I also cut a sentiment in yellow. The card front was adhered to a black border and then a turquoise stitched card base. 



Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also entering my card in the Crafter's Cafe Challenge (celebrate National Relaxation Day). 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Wow what a great Cricut cut... I'm going to have to revisit my cricut shapes when I don't have a stamp. Very pretty card and great for a slimline too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Alyson, something different from you and cleverly artsy. Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea, Alyson! I forget about using my Cricut so thank you for the inspiration. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever design using the silhouette image, and your flowers look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would never guess this challenge was a struggle for you! Your card turned out beautiful and nothing is more relaxing than reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyson, I think the silhouette of the girl reading instantly conveys you love of a good book! I like the colored flowers along the bottom as the "grounding" element that also conveys your love of flowers! Great inspiration piece for our Double Trouble followers!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)