Tuesday, August 30, 2022

TSOT 571 - Crocus Stems

 Welcome to Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge 571!

The optional theme in addition to the sketch is Clean and Simple. 

CAS cards are hard for me... it's just not a style that comes easily. I wanted to try that concept with this sketch and I chose to dry emboss the two corners on my card front.  I simply marked the halfway point on each side and lined up the marks in my trimmer and used a stylus to draw the lines. I did this on the back so the lines would be raised on the front. 

The crocus stems were die cut in three colours and I added the same colour of ink to darken sections of each piece before adding them to the card front. I also white embossed a sentiment for the bottom corner. The card front was adhered to the base using craft foam. No embellishments were added. 

Come and join us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, lovely CAS card! I really like how you created the diagonal element using scoring!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)