Thursday, August 11, 2022

Hand Stitched JOY

A friend was kind enough to send me a new Spellbinders stitching die... the concept is really neat but WOW - the amount of time to create these cards was crazy! 

I die cut the image from white cardstock twice and decided to make two cards in different colour schemes. I prefer non-traditional colours for Christmas so that explains the teal card but I also wanted to do a traditional red and green card. 

The stitching isn't hard to do but it is very time consuming. The embroidery floss had to be adhered to the back of the die cut and it wasn't possible in most cases to just continue with the same colour and move to the next section as the floss would cross over other sections and be visible from the front. I stitched two colour schemes. 

The backgrounds are silver and gold foil paper and I embossed both of those panels. They were adhered to glitter paper backgrounds and then to top folding card bases. I added either silver or gold gems to the centres of the small flowers, depending on the colour scheme. 


Enjoy,

Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Well, these are fabulous so atleast your time wasn't wasted. I've noticed that sometimes die companies don't think out the design completely. Spellbinders is no different. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, these are lovely. I don’t think I have the patience to do the stitching but I do like your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyson, these cards are lovely. I don’t think stitching is for me. I do appreciate the work involve in creating these beautiful holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)