Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Merry Christmas Poinsettia Card

 This neat Christmas card was inspired by one I found on Pinterest, created by Roseanne Mulhern. I really liked the thin strips and wanted to try this myself. 

The flower was stamped in two shades of red ink and the leaves were stamped in two shades of green. I die cut all the pieces and glued the flower together. I used black glitter paper for the strips and cut them into quarter inch wide pieces. They were arranged on the card front and I stamped the sentiment before adding the flower and berry branches. The card front was adhered to a black card base and I added some gold Stickles to the centre of the flower and red Stickles on the berries. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. This is always a very striking and pretty design each time I see it. I've seen the diagonal "gift wrap" stripes used on many cards paired with different Christmas items and even did one myself a few years back. The black glitter and red poinsettia are a great combo. XXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)