Friday, May 19, 2023

MTTC 508 - Pair of Floral Cards

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Challenge 508!

The theme for this challenge is dry embossing. That can be done using an embossing folder or manually using a stylus. 

I based my first card from one made in a recent video by Jennifer McGuire. The flowers and leaves were stamped (layering stamps) and die cut. I arranged them on a die cut shape that extended from the top to the bottom of the card. One flower and a leaf allow the card to stand on its own. The panel behind the images was embossed with a rose embossing folder. The sentiment was hot foiled with silver holographic foil and that was added with foam tape. Some dew drops were also placed on the flowers. I added a flat section inside for a place to write a message. 




I also made a second card for this challenge. 

This one uses a background that was embossed using a stencil. I inked the cardstock first and then ran it through my die cutting machine using a stencil to emboss the maze-like pattern. I splattered white ink on that piece and then die cut the flowers and leaves. They were inked for more dimension and added to the bottom of the card, along with a hot foiled sentiment. Some gold metallic thread and gold gems finished off this card. 

Come and join us at MTTC and show us your projects that include dry embossing. 

 I am also entering my first card into the Beautiful Blossoms challenge

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. The first one is very elegant and the contrast between the flowers and the white embossed background is awesome. And the second one is super colourful, that blue background is great. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both cards are absolutely beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Beautiful Blossoms}

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 stunning floral cards! I like the design of the first and both have gorgeous color combos. Thanks for sharing with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two incredible cards, Alyson! I love the sweet layers in your first card, as though the flowers are crowding one another to get closer to your recipient! The colors in both creations are fabulous! I really love the way you have done the ombre effect in the background of your dry embossed background. Beautiful and flamboyant! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Happy Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, gorgeous x 2! Thanks for linking up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xoxo, Aimeslee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)