Sunday, May 7, 2023

DD May Challenge - Show Up and Shine

 Welcome to the May challenge at Dragonfly Dreams. 

The theme this month is "May the force be with you". 

This theme can be a challenging one and I am not a fan of anything fantasy or sci-fi like Star Wars, etc. The saying "May the force be with you" is an empowering sentiment and I chose to use that option for my card. 

The background was stamped in black and I used a set of layering stencils to colour in the images. One layer was also covered with a clear glitter gel. The stencils are arranged to only colour in select flowers and leaves and that makes this such an interesting background. I trimmed down the floral image and cut it into four equal pieces. Those were arranged on a teal background and then adhered to a black mat and the white card base. I embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock, stacked a few layers together and adhered that to the bottom right corner. Some iridescent gems were placed around the card. I also finished the inside with some stamped images and layers of cardstock. 



Come and join us at Dragonfly Dreams and show us how you interpret this month's theme. 

You have until the end of the month to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Love the stamped background and coloured layered stencils,greay layout cutting up the image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really liking this one. Pretty, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)