Friday, May 26, 2023

MTTCC 61 - Two Holiday Cards in Shades of Blue

Welcome to My Time to Craft Christmas Challenge 61!

The theme this week is to use branches, wreaths or greenery. 

I was not sure if my idea for this project would work but I am very happy with how it turned out! There was a lot of preparation work for this card before it was assembled. The background was created with magical powders and while that was drying, I stamped, stencilled and die cut several poinsettias images. I also hot foiled some circles and holiday sentiments and die cut those. The gold background was also die cut. Once everything was prepared, I added the gold die cut to the background and trimmed that to fit on a piece of blue cardstock. The circle was added and the poinsettias were placed around the left side. The sentiment was adhered with foam tape and I added some gold gems to the centres of the flowers. 


I made a second card for this challenge. 

I embossed the branch along with the three hanging snowflakes in silver. The snowflakes were coloured and I splattered blue paint on the entire card front after inking the edges with a dark blue ink. The sentiment was stamped at the bottom and I used craft foam to adhere the card front to the base. 


Come and join us at MTTCC and show us your Christmas projects with a sentiment. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Wowza that first card is a show stopper. Love the flowers and colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)