Friday, May 26, 2023

DT 139 - Bluebird with Plaid

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 139!

It's a masculine challenge this time, with a touch of plaid. Please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I pulled out a layered bird stamp that I haven't used for ages! The bird was stamped in three shades of blue ink and I coloured the beak and added the feet before die cutting that image. A blue plaid background was adhered to my card base and I added a die cut frame on top of that. A smaller frame was cut for the centre and I inked that with the lightest shade of blue before adding the bird on the branch. The sentiment was stamped in the same three shades of blue ink to create an ombre effect. Aside from a few blue gems, I didn't add anything else to this card. 

The photo below shows that frustrating moment when you think your paper is lined up and it isn't... we have all been there, right? 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your masculine cards. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the Festive Friday Challenge (I used the following: monochromatic, blue, masculine, plaid and die cuts).

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful bird and love the layers and the DP you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the die cut frame and how you incorporated the branch for your pretty blue bird and a great plaid behind the frame... the Inspo list was so helpful and easy to add more than three elements... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never know that bird image hadn't been used in ages. It looks like all the ones that have become so in style! This is a beautiful card and I especially love the shape of that frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kraft and blue work so beautifully together and I love the dies you used. I love that you brought out an old stamp - he looks so modern! Wonderful card and a great use of plaid. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson, I just love your card. Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this bird pops out from the frame behind it. Great card. Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Alyson! Can you tell me who makes the die that you used for the frame?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)