Friday, June 9, 2023

DT 140 - You're My Person

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 140! 

The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 


Flip flops were a struggle for me - I don't have any stamp or die images. I ended up going to my Cricut to find an image of flip flops. They were cut and I used a striped background paper that had the same colours as the graphic. The flip flops were adhered to a die cut circle and I added a scalloped border and shimmer trim underneath. I found a small flower image that I liked but it was a solid stamp so I stamped it in a very light grey and coloured over it. That was fussy cut and added just under the sentiment. Some coral hearts finished off this card. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your colour-inspired projects. 

I am also adding my card to the Colour Dare design team line-up as they are our partner challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

9 comments:

  1. Love the cricut cut flip flops! Wonderful card with that pinstripe paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your search for flip flops turned up a cute result! Love the striped paper tying all the colors together too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love all the details and balance of our colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh very pretty!!! I love the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your background paper ties everything together. Your flip flops are cute. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the variety of soft colors you used and your the sentiment is creative and perfect for your flipflop focal point. Lovely layout and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson, this is beach card PERFECTION!!! That flip flop die is darling, the colors are perfect, the way you laid it all out is flawless, and the heart dots are so cute! Love love your design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and I love that sentiment. What a great thing to say to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flip flops and all your colour choices. They look so good together. Great colour dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)