Friday, June 2, 2023

CD 551 - Wonderful Day

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 551!

It's a triple play this week - you must use all three colours.

I had a hard time with this challenge - these are definitely not colours that I would put together. I created three cards (two will be shown here) and finally decided to use the last one that I made.

I die cut the same leaf shape twice from white cardstock. On another piece of white cardstock, I ink blended the three colours and splattered that piece with water. That was set behind the leaf cut piece on a black card base and I stamped a sentiment before adhering the front with foam tape. I added one of the die cut leaves back on the card front and added blue drops around the leaves. 

This was my first attempt... I wove the white cardstock to the size I wanted and then coloured the flowers (white heat embossed on vellum) from the back. The sentiment was die cut and adhered with foam tape. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use this week's colour palette. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson


4 comments:

  1. I love your die cut leaves and using the colors for the cut out part. Beautifully simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cards but that first one is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold colors in the top card. Simply stunning. The addition of the die cut leaves is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson I love both of these cards/ The colors worked great! The die cut leaf one is my favorite I really like that layering the plain white one over the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)