Friday, June 30, 2023

CD 555 - Joy to the World

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 555!

Choose at least three of the four colours on the grid - neutrals and metallic are free to use. 

This colour palette reminded me of Christmas so I went with that idea. I used Sage, Candy Apple and Scarlet cardstock. The brick background was embossed with a brick embossing folder that was inked with grey ink first. That was die cut and I adhered that piece to a die cut green border and then to a grey card base. The flowers were die cut and I used a stylus and a bone folder to shape them. I also added ink on the edges of each piece. They were arranged on the background and I added some gold ribbon and red metallic thread under the flowers. A hot foiled sentiment was added with foam tape and a few gold gems were placed around the card. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show show you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Red and Green is very Christmas. Love what you've created with the wall embossing folder and the poinsettia style flowers. The Gold ribbon really finishes it off. A great Colour Dare card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I love how you pulled the Christmas theme from the colors just by taking out the blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful and they really pop against the grey embossed brick background. I still have not been successful in using the embellishing thread and you always display it so well. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! From the brick background to the lovely flowers this card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Stunning card. It looks frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely stunning! I LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)