Friday, January 27, 2023

CD 533 - Stencilled Butterfly Card

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 533!

Choose at least three colours from the graphic shown below. Neutrals and metallics are free to use. 

I chose Capri, Avocado and Nectarine. 

I started by stencilling the butterfly onto a card front. It took me a few attempts to get this to work... my first attempt was to mask each section of the butterfly. It looked great - until I realized that the ink had bled under the stencil. My second attempt was to splatter water to give the butterfly more dimension but that also bled under the stencil. I finally decided it was going to be just orange - no water, no masking - just orange! I also die cut the butterfly image from scrap paper and with that piece temporarily adhered, I splattered the background with Avocado and gold shimmer brushes. 

The flowers required multiple layers of stamping so I used one ink pad but in different ways. I stamped in second generation, then single stamped, double stamped, triple stamped and finally stamped multiple times to get the depth of colour for each layer. The flowers and leaves were die cut and adhered across the centre of the butterfly. I added a hot foiled sentiment at the bottom and some gold gems to the centres of the flowers. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson


7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this card. The brightness of the butterfly is beautiful against the blue of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson ~ I love that orange butterfly! The results are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choices and love the floral placed on the butterfly... beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card. those mega butterfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold butterfly with the blue flowers. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butterfly card is so visually stunning. I keep looking at it. I love that the orange butterfly is so solid, its great. the colours work so well together how you've used them. A great colour dare card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson I love your card. I'm ALWAYS a sucker for a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)