Saturday, January 28, 2023

Sketch Saturday 718 - You are Loved Wreath

Welcome to Sketch Saturday Challenge 718! 

The optional theme (in addition to the sketch) is love. 

I had created a different card for this sketch but decided to do something else instead. The original card and info are posted below. 

I mixed texture paste with ink from a blue shimmer brush and spread it over a stencil onto a piece of white cardstock. That was adhered to a blue mat and then to a white card base. 

The wreath was stamped, stencilled and die cut and some white leaves were added in opposite corners (they are a little hard to see...) I placed a foiled sentiment across the centre of the wreath and added some silver Liquid Pearls to the centres of the flowers and silver gems around the card. 

The card below is the first one that I made for this challenge. It's a colour scheme that I never would have put together myself - it came from a resource that I own. 

I inked white cardstock with the colours I wanted to use (two shades of purple and two shades of blue). The circles and hexagon were die cut and I embossed the sentiment in white on the hexagon. I also die cut some purple and white hearts to scatter around the card. The black background was embossed with a 3D embossing folder and adhered to the card base. The last step was to add tiny silver gems around the circles. 

Come and join us at Sketch Saturday and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Love the colors on bpth cards. May have been your feminine and masculine duking it out to see who gets to make the card, lol. The second one looks like a good guy card.. well, for a loved one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)