Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Rainbow Triangle Sketch Card

 I did a sketch challenge created by a friend of mine - the sketch is shown below. 

My first attempt was not overly successful - but I will post it toward the bottom. Triangles can be difficult as they are much like ovals - there are many sizes and possibilities and they don't play nicely with each other! 

I chose one part of a two part layering stencil for this card. I used distress oxide inks and created a rainbow of colours and sprayed it with water. I also inked a piece of white cardstock and die cut the rainbow word from that. The front was adhered to a black card base and I used a black border for the sentiment. A smaller sentiment piece was adhered just under the larger one. 



My first attempt... I figured out the size I needed to cut triangles to fit my card. I inked a piece of white cardstock in the same rainbow effect but once the pieces were cut into triangles, I had several pieces left over and had to fit them together the best I could to create the rainbow effect. Those were adhered to black cardstock and then to a white base so the sentiment is opposite the first card. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Well you did a fabulous job re-combining the rainbowed squares. Very pretty effect, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)