Monday, January 9, 2023

Sunflower Hugs

 Sunflowers always make me smile! 

This card ended up being 5x7 in size due to the offset squares. I don't make card that big very often! 

The die cut squares were intertwined and adhered together. I ink blended a purple background and splattered it with water before cutting it to fit behind the squares. I also ink blended a larger piece to use as one of the layers. The sunflower images (washi tape) were added in the centre of the squares. I stamped a background pattern on a piece of green cardstock and adhered that to brown cardstock and then to the embossed background. A foiled sentiment was placed in the lower corner along with some gold metallic thread. I used several mats behind the embossed piece and added some purple gems to finish off the card. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's a fine 5x7! Love the colors, textures and the intertwined dies make a fabulous focal frame for those flowers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)