Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Rainbow Full Front Shaker

I recently watched a terrific video by Shari Carroll and she showed how to make a full front shaker card. Most of the time, there is a border around the edge where the foam tape is needed to accommodate a shaker. This is a different approach...

I followed her idea to create my background. I used a stencil that I cut from the Cricut Artbooking collection (circles) and inked each row in one colour. I used a combination of Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks (DO Inks when I didn't have the correct colour in the other type). The circles were all inked using sponge daubers so they would be dark. I then used the same inks and blending brushes to add a lighter layer of ink around each row of circles. That piece was cut down to an A2 card size. 

I cut a plastic sandwich bag a half inch larger than the card on each side. The back was adhered tightly to the back of the card and with one side open, I added a variety of sequins in the same colours I had used to ink the circles. The last side was sealed and the shaker was adhered to a card base. The sentiment was die cut four times in white and the background once in black and adhered together. 

I just love the effect - it's so fun! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: none

Inks: Distress/Distress Oxide Inks: Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn

Accessories: Artbooking Cricut Collection, Hugs Die (SSS), Misc. Sequins, Sandwich Bag

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)