Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Hummingbird Slimline

I love shaker cards and this is a slimline shaker. 

I started with a slimline stencil and created the background using three Distress Oxide inks. The shaker components were stamped, coloured and die cut or fussy cut (the hummingbirds and the flowers). They were mounted directly on the black cardstock behind the stencilled piece. I added some gold stars and iridescent flower sequins and then the stitched squares. I stamped and fussy cut two more flowers to go with the sentiment. I couldn't find a piece of cardstock the correct colour for under the sentiment so I used one of the Distress Oxide inks to create my own cardstock colour. A little bit of gold embellishing thread was added along with a few gold sequins. The lines on the flowers were brushed with the Gold Shimmer Brush.

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Cardstock from scrapbook.com, Slimline Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps: Friendship is a Blessing, Kind Soul (W Plus 9), Hummingbird Thanks (PPP)

Inks: Intense Black, Archival Black, DO Inks - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral 

Accessories: Hummingbird Thanks Dies (PPP), Stitched Squares Thin Cuts, Circle of Love Textured Roses Stencil (Stamperia), Tri-Blend Markers, Gold Embellishing Thread, Gold Shimmer Brush, Loose Gold Sequins, Gold Confetti, Iridescent Flower Sequins, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)