Saturday, May 22, 2021

Rainbow Sunburst Cards

One of my favourite stencil sets is the sunburst layering stencils from Pink Fresh Studio. It's a series of three stencils and it is designed to leave open spots in the sunburst. You could create a single colour sunburst (with three shades) or do what I did and create a rainbow sunburst.

I used 24 (yes, 24!) different Distress Oxide inks to create my sunbursts. I separated them into 8 colour sections with 3 shades of each colour. I inked up the stencil in colour sections - 8 colours around each. The first stencil was inked with the lightest shade of each colour. Once the first stencil was finished, I moved to the second stencil and the medium shade colours. Finally, the third stencil was inked using the darkest shade of each colour. Those backgrounds took some time to dry. 

In the meantime, I created the center sections. I stamped and embossed each of them (I made several of these cards but only two are shown here). The sentiments were embossed in either gold or black. They were die cut using basic and stitched circles. I added some gold embellishing thread behind each sentiment and added a few gold sequins to each card. The sunburst piece was adhered to each card using craft foam. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: You Brighten My Day, Create with Heart 

Inks: Black Pigment Ink, Versamark, Various Distress Oxide Inks (not all CTMH)

Accessories: Basic Circle Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Thin Cuts, Sunburst Layering Stencils (Pink Fresh Studio), Loose Gold Sequins, Gold Embellishing Thread, Gold Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Sharpie Markers, Craft Foam (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)