Saturday, May 1, 2021

May SOTM Blog Hop

Welcome to the May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! 

The stamp this month is a beautiful collection of florals and terrific sentiments.

You should have arrived here from Katy Taylor's blog. If you get lost along the way, a list of all participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I wanted to create something a little different from a standard card and decided to make a Magic Slider Card. I have made these before but the sizing changes depending on the image that is used. 

I chose the large floral circle as the focal image. That was stamped on both white cardstock and again on acetate. The image on cardstock was coloured (I actually embossed it using Clover pigment ink and realized afterwards that those parts wouldn't even show!) A square was cut from the card front. When the slider is pulled up, it magically looks like the image is coloured. There are a few pictures of the pull-out in progress and there is also a short video to see the card in action. I added a panel on the back as a place to write a message. 




 
For the second card, I used some Distress Oxide inks to create a background and then stamped the long floral image on both sides of that. The sentiment was gold heat embossed and added to front. The top panel was mounted on foam tape and then placed on gold foil paper and finally black cardstock. A few gold glitter gems were added to the front. 


I hope you enjoyed my projects! 

The next stop is Aggie's blog. I am sure she has something amazing to share with you. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Woodgrain Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper, White Cards and Envelopes

Stamps: Flowers for You

Inks: Archival Black, Clover Pigment Ink, Black Staz-On, Intense Black, DO Inks - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral 

Accessories: Acetate (not CTMH), Stitched Square Thin Cuts, Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, White and Gold Skinny Ribbon, Gold Glitter Gems, 1" Circle Punch (not CTMH), Clear Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Oh, just stop it with your fantastic interactive creations, you creative guru! Every week you raise the bar, and I love seeing what you make. I am still trying to wrap my head around how the magic happens haha. I also LOVE that blended background in the last card. Stunning! (Aggie - Arrows of Hope Designs - Google won't let me sign in... again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Magic card. I have never made one of these before. Such a surprise when the beautiful image pops out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love that Magic Card!! I need to give this a try! Both your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are FABULOUS!! I'm so intrigued by the 'magic card'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the video because that magic card is MAGIC!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)