Thursday, May 27, 2021

Slimline Card Blog Hop

Welcome to the Slimline Card Blog Hop! 

Slimline cards have been very popular for some time now - and Close To My Heart offers some products specifically for that card size. 

You should have arrived here from Brenda Lapp's blog. If you get lost along the way, a complete list of participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I wanted to create a card for a special friend. The woodgrain paper was a perfect setting for the flowers I used, which are from the stamp set Friendship is a Blessing. I stamped and coloured the flowers and then fussy cut them. The woodgrain background was cut into two stitched rectangles and the cross piece allows the gap there to be covered. I stamped the sentiment in two colours and die cut that piece along with a background using the Stitched Hexagon Thin Cuts. A few Gold Glitter Gems and some Gold Embellishing Thread was added. The last step was to brush the centres of the flowers and the flower lines with the Gold Shimmer Brush. 


I hope you enjoyed my project. 

The next blog on this hop is Show and Tell with Michelle. I'm sure she has something amazing to share with you! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: Lovely Paper Pack, Woodgrain Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Ballerina Cardstock, Ballerina Glitter Paper, Slimline Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps: Friendship is a Blessing

Inks: Intense Black, Green Apple 

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Stitched Hexagon Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Gold Glitter Gems, Gold Embellishing Thread, Gold Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,

Alyson

9 comments:

  1. Your card is So pretty! I love the pink and brown combo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the flowers with the woodgrain and pop of black. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, I love the hexagons and how you divided up the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson this is beautiful, this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you put all the elements together on this card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card; the flowers are gorgeous! The wood grain paper is perfect with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love how you incorporated the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the touch of gold shimmer brush, it really makes the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)