Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Inked Background Cards

I recently watched a video by Gina from Gina K. Designs. She showed how to ink a background and then stamp on top of it. The effect is terrific and it creates a very clean looking card. 

The first card (in greens) was inked with dye inks so I was able to stamp right away as those inks dry very fast. 


The last two cards were inked using Distress Oxide inks. I learned quickly that stamping on wet ink does NOT work. I had to redo the blue card and then decided to do one in orange/red tones. One sentiment is stamped within the inked section and the other is just off the edge. I did decorate the inside of each card as well. 




Supplies used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Avocado Cardstock, Lagoon Cardsock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Treasure Life, Thank You Friend (Gina K. Designs) 

Inks: Archival Black, Lemonade, Avocado, Green Apple, DO Inks - Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple 

Accessories: Tri-Blend Markers

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)