Thursday, May 13, 2021

Sunburst Card Set

I am really enjoying playing with the sunburst die from Close To My Heart. It cuts both the outside frame and all the inner pieces. 

This set of cards was inspired by Jayma Malme - I loved her black and white cards with a pop of colour. 

The frame was die cut in Black Glitter Paper and several pieces of black and white patterned paper were die cut as well. The patterned paper pieces gave me several frames and I used those to piece the cards together. The glitter paper was laid on top to provide a bit of dimension. 

I cut six coloured daisies on my Cricut and brushed each of them with various Stickles. That preserves the 3-dimensional shape of the flowers even when placed in an envelope. I stamped various sentiments using the same colours as the flowers and after dovetailing the ends of each, I placed them so they were peeking out from under the flowers.

These were so much fun to create!


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Various Black and White Patterned Papers, Black Glitter Paper, White Daisy Cardstock, Wisteria Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Lemonade Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Nectarine Cardstock, White Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps; Card Captions, Flowers for You

Inks: Archival Black, Nectarine, Lagoon, Wisteria, Carolina, Raspberry

Accessories: Flower Market Cricut Collection, Various Stickles (not all CMTH), Sunburst Thin Cut

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)