Monday, May 17, 2021

H2H - Love Your Crazy Side Diagonal Stripe Card

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 

The theme this week is sponging. There are a lot of ways that sponging can be done - I chose to sponge the background of my card. 

I started by using three widths of washi tape and masked off the entire card. I pulled every third piece off and sponged on the first colour. Those sections had to be covered and then the next sections were peeled off and sponged. Finally the last colour was done. I added a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls to the card to create a shimmery effect. That piece was die cut using the Stiched Rectangle Thin Cuts. 

The sentiment was stamped and die cut. "I Love" was die cut in black and the other three sections were stamped in black on Lagoon cardstock. Those were also die cut and then a piece of twine was tied in a small bow and attached to the edge of each piece. I added some Black Bursts and a coloured sparkle in the centre of each one. 

Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you use sponging on your project. 

You have until the end of May to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Moments with You

Inks: Archival Black, Lagoon, DO Inks - Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed

Accessories: Moments with You Thin Cuts, Fancy Tags Thin Cuts, Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Yellow, Pink and Turquoise Twine (misc.), Perfect Pearls (Ranger), Black Bursts, Bitty Sparkles, Sharpie Markers, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, I love the bright colors!! Love how you masked off and then used water mixed with perfect pearls! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)